November 2, 2012

Glycerin

When I started researching more natural skin care products I kept on coming across glycerin, time and time again it was added to skin creams, toners, etc. 

Glycerin, chemically know as glycerol, is a sweet-tasting, non-toxic, syrupy liquid made from combining water and fat derived from vegetable oil. Because it is a humectant, it is a popular ingredient in skincare products Read more: What Are the Benefits of Glycerine to the Skin? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5491199_benefits-glycerine-skin.html#ixzz2B7UUrpXy

Skin Allergies

  • Glycerin is a non-toxic, naturally occurring substance, so it is often used as the base of soap for sensitive skin, because it won't cause irritation.

Anti-Aging


So I must try it out!  Well it is again very frugal, a small 100ml bottle costs less than $4 ...and most concoctions use about a tablespoon ...so it is very economical. Just yesterday I found one with rosewater added ...ohhh nice.  I can't wait to try out some skin care products.  The first one I'm going to try out is a moisturizer made from, glycerin, witch hazel and vitamin E oil. 

I'll update soon!  
 

No comments: