November 16, 2012

Moisturizing massage oil

I've bought massage oils before for a nice after shower neck massage, while they are nice, they are expensive as well and I don't know about you but I don't get a massage as often as I would like (hint hint hubby dear!) and these oils always go rancid before I have a chance to use them up!! So, wasted expensive exotic oils and worst of all...no massage!!

Well, I've just come up with my own Cheap Cheap massage oil that smells great and has some wonderful skin benefiting elements!  Best part of this oil is that it can be used as a moisturizer as well, just rub it on your skin after a shower and it will make your skin so soft.

So here is my original recipe!!

 Mix together in a small bowl the following...
(oh and you will need a small whisk - it helps to combine things better)
A few simple ingredients = lovely massage oil!

4 Tbsp Olive oil (you can use Almond, Grapeseed, any 'natrual' oil)
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Aloe gel (try and use natural 100% type)
1 Tbsp Glycerine
1/2 tsp vitamin e oil
5 drops Lavender essential oil
(I also put some coconut essence - yeah the baking kind - I love coconut scent!)

Mix well in a bowl, if it is too runny add in a bit more Aloe gel, or if too solid add in some
more olive oil or whatever oil you are using.

I saved one of my fancy bottles that had the exotic oils in... and so here it is ...nice massage oil
for litterally pennies per use. Oh by the way it made about 100ml (well almost) this should last for a while and not go bad! (I think the glycerine and coconut oils will keep it fresh a bit longer)

Hmm...seems someone wants a massage tonight!! Ahhhh nice foot massage and neck, oh hubby....
(goes off and brings hubby the bottle! HINT HINT )

No comments: